This $240,000 program is the World Championship for IHRA member track sportsman racers. Summit Racing Equipment, the Official Mail Order Company of IHRA, along with AMSOIL, sponsor this revolutionary program for IHRA's thousands of grassroots racers. Providing the base for the Summit SuperSeries are the more than 100 IHRA member tracks in seven IHRA divisions. The competition is populated by Sportsman competitors, or ET Bracket Racers, who are the backbone of grassroots drag racing. The two tiers comprising the Summit SuperSeries are the Summit SuperSeries World Championship presented by AMSOIL and the Summit Team Finals presented by AMSOIL.
SUMMIT SUPERSERIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
This program will crown a true Top (Box), Mod (No Box) and Junior Dragster World Champion won by racers at participating IHRA tracks in head-to-head competition each week. Each track will crown a Summit SuperSeries track champion who will then move on to race other track champions at each division's Summit Team Finals competition at the end of the year. Those drivers that emerge victorious from the Summit Team Finals will meet at the IHRA World Finals for the Summit SuperSeries World Championship presented by AMSOIL.
The Summit SuperSeries World Championship will consist of the best 16 racers in Top, the best 16 in Mod and the best 16 in Junior Dragster from across the US, Canada and Aruba and New Zealand in a race that will determine the Summit SuperSeries World Champions. There is $240,000 in cash and prizes awarded in the Summit SuperSeries, including a cash award at each participating track. Included in this package is a world championship Ironman, a championship ring, media exposure, recognition at the annual IHRA Awards Ceremony and much more.
Sixteen contenders from each class will race for the Top, Mod and Junior Dragster Championship
* Each Summit SuperSeries track champion will square off at the Summit Team Finals in their respective division. The two finalists in each class of the race (except divisions 5, 6 and 7 - winners only qualify) will earn their way into the 16-car field that will race for the Summit SuperSeries World Championship during the IHRA World Finals in October 2014.
* The tracks who do not participate in a Summit Team Finals competition will have their track's Summit SuperSeries champion placed in a lotto with one name being drawn for the one “Wild Card” position in each class. If the wild card selection is unable to attend, another wild card name will be drawn until a competitor is found to travel to the World Finals by September 2, 2014.
* The race for the World Championship will be run on a 1/4 mile format. (1/8mile for Juniors). Crosstalk will be used in Top. The use of trans brakes, two steps and automated shifters in the Mod category is permitted. The use of Delay boxes is prohibited in Mod. Throttle stops are not permitted in either class. The use of nitrous is permitted in both the Top and Mod classes. If a bike or sled wins they will run against cars.
* The competitors will be run on a sportsman ladder generated based on reaction time from qualifying. If there is a bye run it will go to the best reaction time from qualifying. Lane choice for all rounds is based upon best reaction time.
Special Qualifying Bonus
You go and Summit pays the tow! Summit Racing Equipment will award $1,000 to the 16 qualifiers in Top and Mod and $750 for each Junior to help pay for the trip to the IHRA World Finals. Tow money will be added to event payout. Racer must compete at event to receive tow money.
How it works…
* Join the IHRA Summit SuperSeries for Top and Mod and Juniors which includes IHRA membership benefits, Summit SuperSeries license, then request a special registration number (commonly called the X Number). The second digit of the number will be the letter X. On Junior Dragsters it is the last digit. This competition membership will allow you to participate in the Summit SuperSeries at your home track.
* If you are running a car in Top (Box) and another car in Mod (No Box), you must register and get X numbers for both vehicles.
* If you have a full membership in IHRA that will be current through the 2014 season already, simply call and register for your competition or X number for $10.
* Sign up for the track points at your participating IHRA Summit SuperSeries track.
* Race at your local IHRA track while running your Summit SuperSeries X number. Your Summit SuperSeries eligibility does not begin until you register with IHRA and run the X number as your car number at your home track. Your X number must show up on your home track points page all year long. Failure to run the X number on your car or failure of your number appearing on your home tracks point page will make you ineligible for the Summit SuperSeries even if you have a registered X number on file with IHRA. Failure to maintain a current membership all season will result in a deduction in points for the events your membership was expired.
* Become the Summit SuperSeries Champion as determined by your track (see your home track for details on the method they use to determine the championship as each track may be different). You will then get to run off at your Summit Team Finals for the right to go to the Summit SuperSeries World Championships at the World Finals.
* Summit SuperSeries points will not begin until you are registered with BOTH IHRA and your local track and running your X number on your vehicle with it appearing on your home tracks points page.
* Racers in Top, Mod, Street, Bike and Junior Dragster are eligible.
* Participants may NOT change car number or class after running their first SSS event.
* A racer may compete for the Summit SuperSeries track championship at more than one track. Should one racer win the SSS championship at two different tracks, they will have to declare the track they will represent prior to the Summit Team Finals. Once the track has been selected, the remaining tracks will be able to submit their next highest eligible SSS competitor as their representative at the Team Finals. A racer may only represent one track at one Team Finals with regard to the SSS championship run-off.
* IHRA Motorsports employees, team members, staff and IHRA track owners/operators/ managers are not eligible.
* 2013 IHRA TOC World Champions and NHRA World Champions are not eligible.
* “Gifted Rounds” are not permitted. Racers receiving 'dives' or 'gifted' rounds as determined solely by IHRA will be disqualified. To take advantage of the Summit SuperSeries program, please see the track manager of your local IHRA track for complete registration details.
Summit Team Finals presented by AMSOIL
At the end of the season, each track selects a team of racers from among its top points finalists. These drivers earn the right to represent their home track at the Summit Team Finals presented by AMSOIL. Drivers compete in several performance-based categories, which may include: Top, Modified, Super, Motorcycle, Junior Dragster or other sportsman classes. Racers will eliminate down until a Summit Team Finals Team Champion and individual class champions are crowned. Class winners will receive an IHRA Ironman trophy and an IHRA Silver Card.