The Junior Dragster Program is designed to allow racers between the ages of eight and 18 the opportunity to race against their peers in near-replica models of the cars that the pros drive.
They compete at the local track level and selected divisional events as well as at the Summit Team Finals presented by Moser Engineering. These events are contested on an eighth-mile format on an E.T. dial, your own format or a pre-set index on a heads-up breakout basis.
With three levels of Junior Dragster competition, it makes this class a great starting point for competitors to learn the basics of drag racing while promoting family fun.
This program is the World Championship for IHRA member track Junior Dragster competitors. Summit Racing Equipment, the Official Mail Order Company of IHRA, sponsors this revolutionary program for IHRA junior racers. Providing the base for the Summit SuperSeries Junior Dragster World Championship are the more than 90 IHRA member tracks across the local regions and divisions.
SUMMIT SUPERSERIES JUNIOR DRAGSTER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
This program will crown a true Junior Dragster World Champion won by racers at participating IHRA tracks in head-to-head competition each week. Each track will crown a Summit SuperSeries track champion who will then move on to race other track champions at each division’s Summit Team Finals presented by Moser Engineering at the end of the year. Those drivers that emerge victorious from the Summit Team Finals will meet at the IHRA World Finals for the Summit SuperSeries Junior Dragster World Championship.
The Summit SuperSeries Junior Dragster World Championship will consist of the best 16 junior racers from across the U.S., Canada, Aruba and New Zealand in a race that will determine the Summit World Champions. There is over $25,000 in cash, bonds and prizes awarded in the Summit SuperSeries Junior Dragster World Championship. Included in this package is a brand new junior dragster, world championship Ironman, a championship ring, media exposure, recognition at the annual IHRA award ceremony, over $10,000 and additional prizes.
16 contenders will race for Championship
* Each Summit SuperSeries track champion will square off at the Summit Team Finals in their respective division. The two finalists in each class of the race (except divisions 5, 6 and 7 – winners only qualify) will earn their way into the 16-car field that will race for the Summit SuperSeries Junior Dragster World Championship during the IHRA World Finals in October 2012. The World Championship race will take place during final eliminations.
* The tracks that do not participate in the Summit Team Finals will have their Summit SuperSeries track champion’s name placed in a lotto with one name being drawn for the “at large” position. If the person is unable to attend, another name will be drawn until a competitor is found to travel to the World Finals.
* The race for the World Championship will be run on a 1/8 mile format. Junior dragster rules and regulations will be in effect for this event. Please see IHRA rulebook and publications for rules.
* The competitors will be run on a sportsman ladder generated based on reaction time from the final qualifying run. If there is a bye run it will go to the best reaction time of that final qualifying run. Lane choice for all rounds is based upon reaction time.
Special Qualifying Bonus
You go and Summit pays the tow! Summit Racing will award $750 cash to the 16 qualifiers to help pay for the trip to the IHRA World Finals. Tow money will be added to event payout. Racer must compete at event to receive tow money.
How it works…
* Join the IHRA Summit SuperSeries ($40) which includes IHRA membership benefits and Summit SuperSeries license then request a special registration number (commonly called the X number). The last digit of the number will be the letter X. This competition membership will allow you to participate in the Summit SuperSeries at your home track.
* If you have a full membership in IHRA that will be current through the racing season, simply call and register for your competition or X number for free. Only IHRA can issue these numbers.
* Sign up for the track points at your participating IHRA Summit SuperSeries track.
* Race at your local IHRA track while running your Summit SuperSeries X number. Your Summit SuperSeries eligibility does not begin until you register with IHRA AND run the X number as your car number at your home track. Your X number must show up on your home track points page all year long. Failure to run the X number on your car will make you ineligible for the Summit SuperSeries even if you have a registered X number on file with IHRA.
* Become the Summit SuperSeries champion as determined by your track (see your home track for details on the method they use to determine the championship). You will then get to run off at your Summit Team Finals for the right to go to the Summit SuperSeries World Championship at the IHRA World Finals.
* Summit SuperSeries points will not begin until you are registered with both IHRA and your local track.
* Participants may NOT change car number or class after running their first SSS event.
* A racer may compete for the Summit SuperSeries track championship at more than one track. Should one racer win the SSS championship at two different tracks, they will have to declare the track they will represent prior to the Team Finals. A racer is not eligible to double enter at the same Team Finals or championship runoff.
* “Gifted Rounds” are not permitted. Racers receiving ‘dives’ or ‘gifted’ rounds as determined solely by IHRA will be disqualified.